1. When a room has been booked and paid for, you will be unable to cancel it. You will be able to reschedule for a future date so long as you provide us with a minimum of 72 hours notice. Please contact us directly should you need to make an amendment to your booking.
2. Should Eskape Whitby need to cancel your booking, you will be offered a voucher code for the full amount you paid or a full refund should you prefer. Eskape Whitby will always give you as much notice as possible should this rare eventuality occur.
3. Eskape Whitby reserves the right to deny admission without refund, to any person whom we feel may behave in a manner which would adversely affect the enjoyment of other participants
4. The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited whilst playing the games. Eskape Whitby reserves the right to deny admission without refund to anyone they believe may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. Participants should follow the instructions given to them by their Games Host
6. Failure to follow instructions, and/or unsafe play could lead to the game being stopped and no refund will be given
7. All participants accept liability for themselves whilst taking part and play our game rooms at their own risk. Eskape Whitby accepts no responsibility for any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expense whatsoever that may arise, directly or indirectly, from attending an Eskape Whitby event
8. Rooms cannot be played with more participants than the recommended number for each room
9. Participants MUST NOT act in a manner that could cause themselves, fellow participants or staff injury, or could cause damage to property or the fabric of the building
10. Participants are reminded that no physical strength is required to participate in activities and there is never any requirement or neccessity to break anything apart to gain access or move furniture/fixings around the room
11. Persons under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by at least 1 responsible adult. Proof of age may be required
12. Parental Guidance is recommended as some games feature mild adult content. It is at the adult's discretion to allow persons under the minimum recommended age into the games
13. Mobile phones & photography (still and video) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the game rooms, and players may have their game terminated without refund if they fail to comply with this rule
14. Secure storage will be available for electronics/mobile phones before game participation
15. For your safety, and to help supervise the game, CCTV images will be used throughout the game and remain property of Eskape Whitby. They will not be used for any other purpose without your permission
16. Post game team photos will remain the property of Eskape Whitby and may be used on our social media pages/advertising pages. Please tell us at the time should you wish us to delete your team photo or not include in future promotional material.
17. Smoking is prohibited inside the building
18. It is the responsibility of the individual who makes the booking to make everyone in their party aware of these Terms of Participation - it is not the responsibility of Eskape Whitby to do so.
19. The individual who makes the booking agrees (on behalf their entire party) and understands that there is inherent risk involved with attending any event, and Eskape Whitby is no exception. As such, the individual who makes the booking voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers associated with taking part. In acceptance of entrance, the individual who makes the booking agrees to release Escape Whitby, its directors, employees, and landlord from any liability, harm, injury or death, cost or expense whatsoever that may arise, directly or indirectly, from attending Eskape Whitby.
1. A signed rental agreement, a refundable deposit of £25 and 100% of the rental cost will be required to secure the hire of The Whitby Witch. Should the rental be cancelled for a reason not in this agreement and with under 24 hours notice, the renter will forfeit 100% of their deposit.
2. The standard rental period is for five (5) hours between 10:00AM to 10:00PM of the same day. The rental time can be adjusted if requested, all adjustments to the standard rental period must be agreed upon by both parties and specified in the rental information document. Depending on the time requested, delivery charges and game rental cost could differ from the rental literature. The renter is responsible for safely storing The Whitby Witch from inclement weather and to prevent damage for the entire rental period.
3. All equipment hired always remains the property of Eskape Whitby. The equipment must only be used at the venue agreed at the time of booking and may not be hired out to a third party. In addition, when equipment is hired for a private event it must not be made available to a wider audience.
4. The Whitby Witch will be delivered at the time agreed upon by both parties. The delivery and pick-up times can be adjusted if requested, all adjustments to the standard times must be agreed upon by both parties and specified in the rental information document prior to the rental date. Delivery and/or collection and/or return instructions should be discussed with us prior to hiring our equipment.
5. In the event of traffic or other uncontrollable circumstances preventing us from being able to fulfil our contracted obligations, our liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the contracted event or pro-rata reduction in the hire fee in the event of a significantly delayed start. No further compensation will be paid.
6. The driver reserves the right not to deliver any equipment, if the delivery access is not sufficient (for example, parking, steps, narrow doorways, etc.) and these circumstances were not declared at the time of booking the equipment.
7. Where equipment needs to be delivered into or through buildings, it is your responsibility to ensure that any floors, fittings, furnishings or other such items are covered with protective material if necessary. Whilst we will always act with caution, Eskape Whitby cannot be held responsible for damage to any floors, fittings, furnishings or other such items, however caused.
8. If the equipment is returned late, and impacts on our ability to honour any subsequent bookings, we reserve the right to seek compensation from you to cover any loss of earnings that occur as a result.
9. A security deposit of twenty-five pounds (£25.00) will be collected from the renter and held until The Whitby Witch is picked-up and confirmed to be in the same condition as when delivered. This security deposit will be used to repair any damage outside of normal wear and tear should it occur. The security deposit will be returned by bank transfer after final inspection. The bank transfer will be made in a timely manner, no longer than seven (7) days after the conclusion of the hire.
10. The final payment in the amount of the outstanding balance is due at the time of booking The Whitby Witch. The Whitby Witch will not be delivered if final payment is not received prior to the delivery date. Contactless card payment can be taken upon delivery at prior request.
11. The Whitby Witch is intended to be played in a reasonable and respectful manner according to the instructions provided with The Whitby Witch. All equipment should be used as directed as detailed in the game pack. The equipment is only to be used in a smoke-free environment. If, before your event, we have reasonable cause to suspect these conditions will not be met, we reserve the right not to deliver the equipment to you. If, after your event, we have reasonable cause to suspect these conditions were not met, we reserve the right to retain up to and including the full value of the security deposit. The Whitby Witch is not to be misused in a manner which could cause damage, which includes: breaking props, attaching things to The Whitby Witch, resting drinks on The Whitby Witch, etc. It is the responsibility of the renter to assure that misuse does not occur.
12. The appearance of The Whitby Witch may be slightly different than in the rental literature because of wear and tear. The Whitby Witch is subject to wear and tear from normal rental use and may sustain minor cosmetic damage and blemishes during the rental period, the renter is not liable for this type of damage.
13. The renter acknowledges that they are liable for any and all repairs required, outside of normal wear and tear, to make The Whitby Witch available to be rented by the next person. The condition of The Whitby Witch will be documented before and after the rental period to justify any repair costs that are charged to the renter. The security deposit will be used to pay for any required repairs, any remaining security deposit will be returned to the renter and additional costs exceeding the security deposit will be the responsibility of the renter.
14. Should The Whitby Witch be damaged beyond repair or stolen by the renter, they will be financially responsible for the replacement of The Whitby Witch. The Whitby Witch is unique and created by Eskape Whitby, and as such is both costly and time consuming to replace.
15. In addition to the replacement cost of The Whitby Witch, the renter will be liable for any financial loss sustained until The Whitby Witch is replaced. The financial loss will be calculated from scheduled rentals which require refunds and lost rental opportunities because The Whitby Witch is unavailable.
16. Eskape Whitby will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused by undue care and attention from the users of any of our hired equipment.
17. When hiring The Whitby Witch, a responsible person capable of exercising authority over children must always supervise the equipment. The Whitby Witch is not designed for young children and contain small parts that could present a choking hazard.
18. As clearly specified on our website, some of the equipment is heavy and should be handled accordingly. We cannot be held liable for any personal injuries caused by undue care and attention from the users of any hired equipment.
19. Some of our hired equipment contains edible prizes. Food allergy information has been included within the equipment and should be consulted before consumption.
20. Eskape Whitby and all representatives are only financially responsible and liable for up to but not to exceed the payments and security deposit received by the renter, for the rental price of The Whitby Witch during the rental period agreed upon. The renter acknowledges that they are solely responsible for assuring that their guests are using The Whitby Witch in a safe and civil manner. The renter agrees that any and all bodily injuries however sustained and serious, are the responsibility of the renter and their guests. The renter and guests indemnify and hold blameless Eskape Whitby and all representatives involved from any and all legal action.
21. If the performance of our contractual obligations is affected by an event that we could not foresee or avoid, even with all due care, then we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation.